The Georgia Law Enforcement Organization is hosting a Spring Car Show & Public Safety Expo at Pontoon Brewing in Sandy Springs on September 19th. We will also have a raffle at the event with a TON of prizes, so your chances of winning are VERY high!!!
100% of the proceeds go directly to the 501c3 nonprofit Georgia Law Enforcement Organization to help sick, injured, and fallen officers and their families in times of need.
*** New prizes will be added daily up until the raffle, so keeping checking in to see what all has been added! ***
(Also, if you or someone you know would like to donate an item, gift card, service, custom made item, etc; please email Greg@GeorgiaLEO.org to set that up!)
- Every 17 hours a law enforcement officer commits suicide
- A total of 1,511 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty during the past 10 years, an average of one death every 58 hours.
- In the last 5 years there were 235 soldiers killed in combat. During the same timeframe, there were 733 police officers killed in the line of duty.
- Every 10 minutes in the US a police officer is assaulted.
- 75% of police are divorced
- 85% of first responders experience symptoms of PTSD
- 26% of LE medical retirement is due to psychological ill health
- The average cost for a police officer’s funeral is $100,000
These statistics are completely unacceptable to us, but this is the world that we live in… Our goal at Georgia LEO is to support sick, injured, and fallen officers and their families in times of need. Without the support of the community and generous donations, we can’t do that.